Creative Activities and Ideas for Pupils with EAL
Creative Activities for Teaching Pupils with English as an Additional Language is a unique collection of 150 enjoyable and inspiring games and activities to help support learners of English as an Additional Language (EAL) in the inclusive classroom. This bank of ideas will support you in helping newly arrived pupils settle into their class and school, and are easy to integrate into your planning to support your learners across the curriculum.
- Clear learing objectives and step-by-step instructions for each activity
- Cross-curricular links
- Activities that can be adapted to suit different topics and scenarios
- An introductory chapter dedicated to building your confidence in teaching pupils whose first language is not English
- Suggestions for further reading and resources
- Activities that need few additional resources or organisation and are easy to fit into a busy timetable
- Instant ideas to brighten up your classroom
Creative Activities for Teaching Pupils with English as an Additional Language is an ideal reference book for teachers and learning support workers who are working with EAL children of any age, although it is particular well-suited to primary school staff.